If you are an organized and process driven admin freelancer who is motivated to make a difference- then we might have the perfect role for you!
SMNYC is hiring a part-time admin assistant to support our all-volunteer team in NYC!
Our must-haves include independence, organized and detailed oriented, proactive and process -driven and ability to work remotely while still attending NYC events.
At SMNYC we see are committed to learning and growing and see each project as an opportunity to develop. If this excites you because you are interested in learning the ins-and-outs of non-profit administration and want to grow your project management abilities – we want to hear from you!
Learn more about SMNYC here.
Full job description below.
Who You Are:
- You’re an organized and process-driven freelancer who is motivated to make a difference.
- You’re on the hunt for a few key things in your next role:
- A flexible work arrangement
- Professional growth
- Opportunity to collaborate on projects that create material positive impact on our local food system.
Who SMNYC is:
- Slow Money NYC is the local affiliate of Slow Money, a national non-profit organization catalyzing investment in sustainable food and farms.
- We spark dialogue and action at the nexus of where our food comes from and where our money goes. Our work is organized around the idea that everyone is an investor in food while asking, what would it mean if we all allocated even 5% of our investment monies in local sustainable food and agriculture?
- We more than 2,500 followers on Meetup and our mailing list, and a robust network of innovators, entrepreneurs, investors and experts that convene regularly.
What SMNYC Does:
- Builds a network of food activists, impact investors and social entrepreneurs.
- Hosts public conversations like the Good Food Spotlight that feature local food enterprises and produces Panel Discussions, Workshops and Conferences.
- Slow Money NYC advocates for consumers and investors to align our dollars with our values to catalyze a more resilient local economy and a thriving sustainable food system in NYC.
- Over the course of a few years, Slow Money NYC has helped raise capital to fund local food & farm businesses through direct investment and our partnership with Investors Circle of NY, a group of impact investors where we lead in attracting investors to focus on sustainable food.
The Administrative Associate Role
As our Administrative Assistant, you’ll have a dynamic part-time role supporting our all volunteer board. Your primary goal is to provide administrative support related to project/event management, social media and team communications. You’ll also conduct research and perform duties related to fundraising, program development and event planning.
Practically speaking, you’ll:
- Coordinate and administer tasks, schedules, deadlines, and project logistics using project management software
- Update and maintain event production processes, documents, and checklists
- Maintain records of official meetings, decisions and actions of the Board of Directors and its committees.
The Right Fit:
Your administrative experience is important to us, so that you can hit the ground running. We want this to be an opportunity where you can use your strengths in a meaningful way. We’re committed to learning and growth, and see each project as an opportunity to develop. This excites you, because you’re interested in learning the ins-and-outs of non-profit administration, and want to grow your project management capabilities. Ultimately, we want to make sure this is the right fit for you, and us.
- Independent – since you’ll work remotely, we’ll trust you to carry out your tasks with integrity and professionalism. You will self-assign and self-manage day-to-day tasks based on needs of the organization and meetings with Board leaders.
- Organized and detail-oriented – organization is your middle name. You never miss a step, and always follow through. Your organization skills will keep us on track.
- Proactive – we’ve set up systems and internal procedures, but are always looking for ways to improve and be more efficient. You’ll take initiative to fine-tune our processes and help us ensure we’re working to the best of our capabilities.
- Process-driven – you have a natural ability to take big ideas, and break them into actionable steps and achievable timelines. You work best when you have set processes and procedures you can help create and follow.
- This is an independent contract assignment, beginning with a 6-month contract.
- Compensation: Between $32 and $38 per hour, depending on your experience.
- Location: Most of the time you’ll be working remotely. However, you’re based in or near NYC and able to staff evening events and meetings in and around New York City.
- Schedule: Start at 20 hours per month. We’ll work with you to determine your ideal schedule, There’s a lot of flexibility involved in when your tasks can be done, though you’ll need consistent availability weekly to answer incoming emails.
- As an independent contractor we expect and encourage you to take assignments from other organizations.
Working at Slow Money NYC:
- We are a small non-profit taking an agile, entrepreneurial approach to our work. We’re proud to be part of the movement of using impact investing as a force for good.
- Our atmosphere is built on mutual respect, appreciation and encouragement. Building trust and relationships is at the core of our organization.
- Our volunteer board consists of investors and senior professionals from around the food industry. You’ll be working in an executive environment.
- Experience in an administrative or project coordination role (e.g. executive assistant, administrative assistant, project coordinator/manager)
- Experience being adept and professional in working with people of executive levels.
- Experience working with Google Apps suite and Dropbox
- Experience using newsletter services (e.g. MailChimp)
- Experience working with project management software (tell us which one you love)
Big plus if you have experience with any of the following:
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainable food, farming, and/or food justice
- Social media management
- Using client relationship management tools (CRM)
- Quickbooks Online
How to Apply:
Your resume and experience are important, but we really want to know why you’re interested in working with Slow Money NYC, how working with us will help you reach your goals, and how you will help the organization grow. Please submit a cover letter detailing your answers to these questions, along with your resume and contact information. We will review applications, with priority given to those who have submitted a cover letter that includes a clear impact statement.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
Please submit to: info@SlowMoneyNYC.org and put Admin Associate Role in your subject line.