Entrepreneurs have many resources at their disposal, some available or under development by Slow Money NYC and some from other organizations:
Slow Money NYC:
- Join our Meetup group, subscribe to our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook.
- Become a Member of Slow Money NYC and help us build funding channels to support your business. Half of your dues support the local, half national.
- Donate to Slow Money NYC – Membership is only part of what we need to grow!
- Attend Slow Money NYC networking events.
- Apply to present your business plans or request funding.
- Get referred to NYC LION to present your funding request before angel investors of this Local Investment Opportunity Network.
- In the future, possibly submit an application for Slow Money NYC Loan Fund (under development).
Some other avenues of funding support for NY sustainable food and farming businesses:
- Acción USA – Samuel Adams Fund
- The Carrot Project (for some upstate NY county farms)
- The Contact Fund (for NYC based non-profit corporations)
- Equity Trust – Investing in sustainable projects aimed at land and soil preservation but not exclusively in NY.
- The Reinvestment Fund (though based in Philadelphia, the fund will consider financing food businesses that do a substantial amount of business in and around Philadelphia).
- Mission Markets – Submit your investment opportunity of $250,000 or more to be reviewed by a network of sustainably-minded (but not exclusively food-oriented) accredited investors.
- Many other NY farm business resources are listed at Cornell Small Farms Program and Hawthorne Valley Farm’s Farm Beginnings.