Entrepreneurs have many resources at their disposal, some available or under development by Slow Money NYC and some from other organizations:
Slow Money NYC:
- Join our Meetup group, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook.
- Apply to present at one of our Good Food Spotlight events.
- Donate to Slow Money NYC – Membership is only part of what we need to grow!
- Attend Slow Money NYC networking events.
- Seek funding HERE via Investors Circle NY (Food & Farm Committee).
- In the future, submit an application for Slow Money NYC Loan Fund (under development).
Some other avenues of funding support for NY sustainable food and farming businesses:
- Slow Money NYC is a trustee for Kiva NYC to provide our members with a tangible and actual means to fulfill our mission to catalyze investments to fund small, local sustainable food and farming enterprises. Kiva Zip makes 0% interest loans for 100% social good and uses an entrepreneur’s network as a measure of creditworthiness. Borrowers invite family and friends to start their fundraising. After reaching a designated threshold, the Kiva Zip community takes care of the rest. It’s a simple, transparent way to help small businesses.
- Acción USA – Samuel Adams Fund
- The Carrot Project (for some upstate NY county farms)
- The Contact Fund (for NYC based non-profit corporations)
- Equity Trust – Investing in sustainable projects aimed at land and soil preservation but not exclusively in NY.
- The Reinvestment Fund (though based in Philadelphia, the fund will consider financing food businesses that do a substantial amount of business in and around Philadelphia).
- Many other NY farm business resources are listed at Cornell Small Farms Program and Hawthorne Valley Farm’s Farm Beginnings.