SUSTAINABLE FOOD + FARM ENTREPRENEURS!
APPLY TO SHOWCASE YOUR BUSINESS:
FOOD + ENTERPRISE 2015 – PITCH COMPETITION
RECEIVE MENTORING – GET NOTICED – RAISE CAPITAL
Food + Enterprise + Pitch Competition gives selected growth-stage food and farm enterprises an opportunity to present their business plans before a wide audience at a 3-day summit dedicated to collaborating to finance for a better food system. APPLY HERE.
- Enterprise Boot Camp – day-long crash course on financing strategies and presentation skills provided by seasoned entrepreneurs and investors
- Crowdfunding Campaign Customization – special coaching on launching a crowdfunding campaign taught by staff from the new online platform, Barnraiser.
- Public Pitch Presentation – opportunity to present your pitch to a panel of expert judges and an audience of hundreds — peers, investors, consultants and consumers.
- Widespread Web Exposure – Posting your enterprise info on Food + Enterprise site and promotion on our proprietary and many partners’ social media.
- Performance Evaluation – Judges rate the pitches and award an honorary prize.
- Crowdfunding Launch – All selected pitch enterprises will launch a customized online crowdfunding campaign hosted on Barnraiser on the day of the competition.
- Building Solid Relationships with fellow enterprises in the Pitch Competition, mentors in the Boot Camp and judges at the Presentation.
- Access to Investors – Pitch Competition is produced in cooperation with a local angel investor network, Foodshed Investors NY, many members of which will attend.
- Attend Pitch Competition for Free which would normally require a $489 fee.
- Special Discounted Registration to the other 2 days of Food + Enterprise at $169.
Here’s what a pitch enterprise from last year wrote to Food + Enterprise:
“The pitch competition experience, including the prep sessions and the connections made with my fellow pitchers, was very rewarding. It forced me to really focus on the best possible way to present my business, and the positive reactions of the judges as well as the crowd was extremely validating and has given me renewed vigor as I take my company into its next phase of growth.”
— Mark Jaffe, Fresh Connection, Inc (Winner 2014)
Food + Enterprise Pitch Competition is presented by Barnraiser and Slow Money NYC. Enterprise Boot Camp is hosted by the Bard MBA in Sustainability.
Barnraiser is a new social and funding community whose members influence the food movement by connecting to innovators of sustainable food and farming and backing their projects.
APPLY HERE (link to application)
- Nonrefundable Application Fee is $25.00
- Deadline is 6:00 pm. on Monday, January 5, 2015.
APPLYING BUSINESSES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Food or Farming Enterprise
- “Local” = Office, production facility or ingredients located within day’s drive of NYC
- Annual gross revenues => $100,000 in past full fiscal year (not cumulative YOY)
- Growth Stage business seeking capital or assistance for expansion and growth
- Sustainable = Clear positive social and/or environmental impact on NYC foodshed
- Commitment = Able to commit time and resources to create and manage crowdfunding project on Barnraiser seeking > $2000 during March 2015
- Attendance = Available to attend Food + Enterprise: February 27 – March 1, 2015 and a full day crash course on Wednesday, February 11 (tentative)
- Special Consideration is given to entrepreneurs who are people of color, come from low-income backgrounds or whose enterprises focus on food system change in low-income communities or other historically disadvantaged areas that lack access to local, sustainable, healthy food
APPLICATIONS DUE: MONDAY, JANUARY 5, 2014
SELECTEES NOTIFIED: FRIDAY, JANUARY 16, 2014
PITCH SLIDE DECK: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2014
MENTORING WORKSHOP: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 9:30-5:30 PM Tentative
***EVENT DATE: SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 9:30-1:00 PM
EVENT LOCATION: INDUSTRY CITY, SUNSET PARK, BROOKLYN
Note: Once selected, Pitch Enterprises will be entitled to a discounted registration of $169, permitting access to programming available on the previous two days of Food + Enterprise.
This event has been made possible through generous support of Barnraiser, the Bard MBA in Sustainability, Slow Money NYC, Industry City and many other generous sponsors (see Foodandenterprise.com for a full list)