Tonite! Making Green from Green Series, Part 1: Launching A Green Business goes inside sustainably-focussed start-ups for the scoop on how businesses handle challenges from concept to launch. This is an event organized by the Columbia Business School Alumni Club and Sustainable Business NYC (local BALLE affiliate).
Experienced green entrepreneurs and funders will describe their journeys, providing key insights into their inspirations, motivations, setbacks and triumphs.
Micah Kotch, Director, NYC ACRE (Accelerator for a Clean and Renewable Economy), an incubator for clean technology and renewable energy start-ups
- Bahar Gidwani, CFA, Cofounder and CEO, CSRHUB, aggregator of corporate social responsibility (CSR) metrics
- Ron Paliwoda, Founder and President, The Paliwoda Group, a private investment firm in the technology sector
- Russel Tencer, CEO, Wind Products, Inc., a specialist in wind resource assessment and turbine siting
- Neil Zeller, Cofounder, Clean Vehicle Solutions, LLC, a leader in alternative vehicle solutions for fleets
- Josh Parker, COO, VerTerra, Ltd., manufacturer of biodegradable dinnerware from fallen leaves
Career Bonus! Meet with an experienced executive coach for valuable ideas and advice, featuring:
Bill Belknap, Cofounder, Performance Leadership, certified Five O’Clock Club Master Career Coach
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2011
Time: Registration at 6:30 p.m., Event starts at 7:00 p.m.
Location: PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, 300 Madison Avenue, New York NY [SW corner of 42nd Street]
Cost: $25 for CBSAC/NY members in advance, $25 for Students in advance, $25 for Columbia Ventures Community Members, $25 for MCC Members in advance, $25 for NYBSC Members in advance. $40 for Others in advance. $60 for Everyone at the Door
Registration for all CBSAC/NY events closes at noon on the day of the event. You will be able to purchase a spot on-line until then.
For events that allow walk-ins, you will be able to get an at the door ticket on the day of the event.
Click here to register and purchase tickets!.
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Certificate Program on Sustainable Business
This is the First Event of a Six-Part Series. Attend four out of six events December 2011 through June 2012 to earn a Certificate. Future topics include Green Food Entrepreneurs, Transport, Waste, The Future of Green Marketing, and Public Policy.
For more information: email@example.com